Have you ever thought why Brazilians are so good at volleyball? Could you name one reason now, without reading these reasons below?
The men’s national volleyball team of Brazil took the gold medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, while the women’s team finished the tournament in quarterfinals. Recall that Brazilian girls were aiming the third consecutive gold medal at the Olympic Games.
Also, men’s team Sada Cruzeiro has won three crowns in last four World Club Championship tournaments, beating Russian powerhouse Zenit Kazan twice in a row (2015, 2016).
So, what is the key to success of this country?
We all know that football is like religion in Brazil. Volleyball comes as the second sport in terms of popularity. Out of this fact, we will get the first reason why is Brazilians so good at volleyball.
1. Lots of people play volleyball in Brazil
2. As the interest in volleyball is very high, there are many sponsorships deals and investments. Volleyball games are well attended as well.
3. Many talented young athletes choose volleyball as their main sport
4. Brazil as a country invests a lot of money in halls, training facilities, education which help these young players to develop their talent
5. Brazilians like team sports
Also, Brazilian leagues, both men's and women's, are high quality leaguse that produce amazing volleyball players...
Read previous WoV Blogs - Top 15 most attractive male and female volleyball jerseys in 2016/2017 and Pro Volleyball players' salaries
There are more blogs in WoV Blog section.