le.bron

The King

15. 01. 2014

Re:Did You Know?

Maybe it will be useful for VAkifbank's rivals :) They should try this :DDD

Report abuse
admin

21. 01. 2014

BUL W: Girls from CSKA made calendar only for men’s eyes (PHOTOS)

What do you think about this move of CSKA's girls?

Report abuse
le.bron

The King

21. 01. 2014

Re:

BUL W: Girls from CSKA made calendar only for men’s eyes (PHOTOS)

What do you think about this move of CSKA's girls?

I dont think that they will attract more people with this "naked" calendar... But, if they could play naked hahha :D I'm just kidding :) :) but, this is very brave move of these girls! Well done!

Report abuse
admin

25. 01. 2014

Slide Jump serve tips for juniors (VIDEO)

What do you think about this kind of serve?

Report abuse
risto.nikolov

Rizteto

20. 03. 2014

Why volleyball is so different?

I have a lot of friends plaing other sports proffesionaly. Like football, basketball, handball... And whenever they meet after end of season, or after a match between them, or just after a while, they just ask the normal questions. How are you doing there? How is the life in that city/country? How are going training/matches?...
But when we volleyball players meet, its always the same first question: Did you get all the payment?
Why in volleyball must be like that? Why there can be so problems about money, about salaries and similar? Why are they so many guys playing managers and than can ruin your season , or career? Why volleyball players so much care about money? Is it because the salaries have dropped? And whos fault is that? Is the crisis? Is the clubs? Is it managers or players fault?
I can see now that even the big clubs in big leagues have problems with money and sponsors. Is volleyball so unatractive sport so nobody cares about it? Is it so unpopular? And if it is, whos fault is it? FIVB? CEV? Players? Clubs? States?
Why in our sport there can't be normal stories and questions? Why we play infront of so little number of audience (except of some countries)?
Maybe this is the reason of so many friendships in volleyball, so many close friends and respecting each other (between players)....
Who knows...

Report abuse
zio.gio

21. 03. 2014

Re:Why volleyball is so different?

Nice text! I agree completely with you. There are two things in volleyball people should know:

1. Payments: Volleyball is not professional sport like football or basketball. Why? Untill you are an amateur sport, in most countries there are less tax controls and clubs want that. That's much easy way for people from the club to make money "flow". tax authoritues allow that in order to promote the sport (volleyball in this case) and close one eye on what is happening in one club. Being amateur means no social security, medical care and no pension. It Means less money to give to the government and in theory more money for the players. In professional sports is vice versa.

On the other side, if you have read some of the articles inside WoV Blog, volleyball contracts are simply private treats, not official contracts. Officially, not even FIVB recognize them! So after is very hard to get your money.

2. Spectators: it is sad to see so small number of persons coming to see volleyball games. If we exclude some important finals or tournaments, the numbers are redicilous! The gyms get full only when FIVB and confederation officials come to see that game. And that's all! The problem is that people don't come to see the game because they want to see it, or there is a "show" on the court. They come because they gather them from the schools or military camps just to make numbers!!! Mostly they don't even know the current volleyball rules!

and where is FIVB? They continue to spread the PR articles with a numbers:

"in 2013 we had organized 36 tournaments on 5 continents for 7 different ages of players. We had 456 players divided in 3 cathegories from 37 countries with TV broadcast in 95 countries on 6 continents and audience of 158.000.000 people..."

it's not about the quantity, it's about the quality of the product you serve to the people. everything starts from this. After we can talk about all the rest.

Report abuse
risto.nikolov

Rizteto

21. 03. 2014

Okey. I understand now why is volleyball still threated as an amateur sport. So we should mainly blame the clubs for that, because they have less costs when the sports is amateur.

And we should blame FIVB (because its the main organisation of volleyball) for so little popularity of the sport. And you can agree too, that if they don't change nothing in future, volleyball will go down and down...

Report abuse
zio.gio

22. 03. 2014

Quote:

Okey. I understand now why is volleyball still threated as an amateur sport. So we should mainly blame the clubs for that, because they have less costs when the sports is amateur.

And we should blame FIVB (because its the main organisation of volleyball) for so little popularity of the sport. And you can agree too, that if they don't change nothing in future, volleyball will go down and down...  

No! The volleyball is doing better and better each year! Just look at the numbers I presented you in previous post!!! Or not?! The numbers don't lie!