Home » Brazil in need of three wins at Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium

Brazil in need of three wins at Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium

by WoV
source: www.fivb.org author: FIVB Press

World Cup

The six coaches from site B look ahead to the fourth and final round of the FIVB Women’s World Cup at the Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium 

Tokyo, Japan, November 15, 2011 – Site B of the fourth and final round of the FIVB Women’s World Cup at the Tokyo Metropolitan Stadium starts Wednesday with world number one Brazil, currently in sixth place, in search of three wins from three starting with Argentina on Wednesday to stay in contention for a top three spot.

Here are what the Site B coaches said in the final round press conference on Tuesday.

Women’s World Cup Results/Standings, Match Info, Photos or Live Scoring 

Algeria coach Ahmed Boukacem: As a representative of Algeria I’d like to say its a great experience to be here, and learn so much. It’s a great honour to be here for all these matches with all these great teams. The average of our team is 22 years old; many of them are students and there are not many pros. So it’s a great honour to be here, and a great experience here for next three days and the next round. We’ll do our best tomorrow against Korea, because we know they’re strong. All we can do is play our best. I’d just like to reiterate that it’s a great honour to be here playing with all these great teams.

Argentina coach coach Horacio Bastit: Up until now we feel our team has had tough matches, although we have had three wins. I’m happy and satisfied with these wins, but I’m not happy with the way those matches went. I feel we did better in the World Grand Prix. It will be tough and we will do our best. Against Brazil, our fellow South American team, it will be tough, but we have great respect for the Brazilian team. We will do our best.

Brazil coach Jose Roberto Guimaraes: Up to now we have had many up and and downs. As a team we didn’t play well in this tournament. Some games were good, some were not. Against Argentina, they have a very good team and always play better against us. I expect a hard, tough match tomorrow. Its important to close last leg playing better than we have until now.

Dominican Republic coach Marcos Kweik: I’d like to say we started first not having good coordination, and not great play. I feel each match our team worked hard to get better and better. In the last three days we’ll try to pull together. Our next match is against Serbia, and they are tough as they are the European champions, but we’d like to try to do well.

Korea coach Kim Hyung-Sil : Up to now we are happy with our continuous wins, but we are very tired physically and mentally. We will try to pull together in the next few games and try to do well in last leg.

Serbia coach Zoran Terzic: I think our team played this World Cup with a new young team. I’m satisfied with our play up until now. I’m satisfied and happy when speaking about motivation, attitude, and everything else. Now in last round it will be important for us. We would like to finish in the right way, to try to finish with three victories. Our first step is against the Domicanan Republic. They have good players, and it will be a tough game. Especially after our rest I think our team can continue to play well until the end of competition.

_

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close